It’s Totally Chocolate Coffee Fudge Cake
- 2 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 5 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, (melted )
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Hot Coffee
Chocolate Coffee Frosting
- 2/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 TBSP Brewed Coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar until well mixed.
Add eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla and melted chocolate squares.
Add 1/2 the sour cream and then 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended.
Add the remaining sour cream and dry ingredients to the batter. Stir in hot coffee
Bake in a greased 9 X 13 inch pan for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Let cool 10 minutes before icing.
Chocolate Coffee Frosting Directions
Sift the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder together in a large mixing bowl.
Pour in the melted butter and the coffee and mix together.
Using a wire whisk,whip it together until it becomes fluffy and smooth, about 3 or 4 minutes.
Adjust Powdered Sugar in frosting for desired consistency
Look on back of bakers chocolate for ounce conversion